© 2014-2022 All Rights Reserved | Knotty Translations
Knotty Translations is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK.
Knotty Translations is owned by Emma Becciu.
Emma Becciu is the Data Controller.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- Sharing your data
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and how do we use them?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Knotty Translations collects the following data:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information (“non-personal information”). We are not aware of the identity of a user from which non-personal information was collected. Non-personal information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.), in order to enhance the functionality of our site. We may also collect information about your activity on the site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.)
- Individually identifiable information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter "personal information"). Processing of your personal information is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you and to provide you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests, and to comply with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject. Personal information may include, but not be limited to, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company number, VAT number, financial and bank account details.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Knotty Translations with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Contact Knotty Translations in order to request our services or a quote;
- Voluntarily provide feedback on any of our online profiles or via e-mail;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Knotty Translations collects your data so that we can:
- Provide the services or information requested;
- Contact you as a prospective client;
- Inform you of changes in our services;
- Improve our website (statistical and analytical purposes);
- Comply with our legal obligations.
Sharing your data
We may share your data:
- When needed to provide the services requested, only when necessary and when previously agreed with you;
- When required for legal purposes.
We do not share your details with third parties for marketing purposes.
How do we store your data?
Knotty Translations securely stores your data on a password-protected laptop and on e-mail.
Knotty Translations will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Once this time has expired, we will permanently delete or anonymise the digital material, and shred and recycle printed copies.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), every user has:
The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
The right to access – You have the right to request Knotty Translations for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Knotty Translations corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Knotty Translations to complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – You have the right to request that Knotty Translations erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Knotty Translations restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Knotty Translations transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to object – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Knotty Translations, under certain conditions.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling – You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you wish to know more, please visit the ICO website.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Call: +44 (0)7856250528
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
Technical cookies – They are used to transmit information in a way that is strictly necessary to provide the service explicitly requested by the user and for the correct functioning of the website. No consent from the user is required to install this kind of cookies but the website administrator has an obligation to inform the user.
Profiling cookies – They track the user's browsing activity and create a profile using their choices and their browsing patterns. This allows the user to receive personalised ads according to their browsing preferences. Profiling cookies can only be installed after the user has been informed of their presence and has consented to their use.
Other third-party cookies – Social media use their own cookies and you should refer to their privacy policies for more details.
How to manage your cookies
Privacy policies of other websites
E-mail us: email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0)7856250528
Or write to us: Emma Becciu, Flat 2, Victoria House, 22-24 St Andrews Street, Northampton, NN1 2HY.